We publish a monthly newsletter emailed to about a thousand readers. Newsletters feature information about current happenings at ESWA and other articles of interest to lovers of Wilderness.
Below on the left are links to some of our favorites. The complete list is on the right. Click an article link and enjoy!
77. October 2022: ESWA Celebrates a Successful 2022 Season
76. September 2022: Let's celebrate a successful season!
75. August 2022: Happy Midsummer!
72. May 2022: Happy May Day
71. April 2022: ESWA Chair-Elect Karn Stiegelmeier Honored by High Country Conservation Center for Environmental Work
70. March 2022: A-Basin's Mike Nathan and Employee Environmental Fund
69. Feb. 2022: February in the Wilderness
68: Jan. 2022: I've lost the trail...now what?
67: Dec. 2021: ESWA did a lot in 2021!
66: November 2021: A message from outgoing Chair Mike Browning
65: October 2021: ESWA annual meeting
64: September 2021: Tips for wild mushroom hunting Joan Betz
63: August 2021: VWR patrols, TrailHead Hosts, sawyering, and more
62: July 2021: The Wilderness Needs You - Dave Brewster
61: June 2021: Tenkara: A Gateway to Wilderness Appreciation - Steve Elder
60. May 2021: The Summit Foundation - Jeanne Bistranin
59. April 2021: The devastating Cameron Peak Fire – Mike Corbin
58. March 2021: Meet Leanne Veldhuis, USFS
57. February 2021: Conservation Colorado - Beau Kiklis
56. January 2021: Out with the old, in with the new - Mike Browning
55. December 2020: All about pikas - Frances Hartogh
54. November 2020: The Beauty of Old-Growth Forests - David Brewster
53. October 2020: Homestake and Holy Cross - A 75 Year Perspective - Warren Hern
52. September 2020: The Amazing Llama Rescue - John Fielder & Brad B.
51. August 2020: Meet Eagle/Holy Cross RD Wilderness Manager Katherine "Kat" Bazan - Katherine Bazan.
50. July 2020: Leave No Trace Youth Program - Andrew Leary.
49. June 2020: The Eagle Valley Land Trust - Bergen Tjossem.
48. May 2020: The 1918 Flu Epidemic and Arthur Carhart - Ralph Swain.
47. April 2020: Crosscut Sawyers in the Wilderness - Dr. Frank Gutmann.
46. March 2020: Dogs in Wilderness - Frances Hartogh.
45. February 2020: Wolf Reintroduction in Colorado - Eric Washburn & James Pribyl.
44. January 2020: Passing the gavel - Bill Betz & Mike Browning.
43. December 2019: The NWSA - Dave Cantrell
42. November 2019: Gold Medal status of the Blue River - Lane Wyatt
41. October 2019: Nature as Healer - Susie Kincade
40. September 2019: The Blue River Watershed Group - Jennifer Hopkins
39. August 2019: The 1935 Gore Range Expedition - Stan Moore
38. July 2019: Lessons from Mt Everest - Mike Browning
37. June 2019: I-70 (Vail Pass) wildlife crossing structures - Paige Singer
36. May 2019: Route 9 wildlife crossing structures - Paige Singer
35. April 2019: The Fight to protect wildlife from Berlaimont - Peter Hart
34. March 2019: FENW changing its name? - FENW committee
33. February2019: Combating Noxious Weeds - Jim Alexander
32. January 2019: New Leadership at FENW - Bill Betz
31. December 2018: Saving the Lower Blue River Valley - John Fielder
30. September 2018: Trail Maintenance Trip report - Kate Demorest (not available)
29. August 2018: Driven Wild - Dr. Paul S. Sutter
28. July 2018: Where the Heart Is - Dr. Esther Doyle
27. June 2018: The Mystery of Aerie Cabin - Maria DiBiase Eisemann
26. May 2018: Protecting Migratory Birds in Eagles Nest - Dr. Susan Bonfield
25. April 2018: Summit County Rescue Group - Charles Pitman
24. March 2018: Bill Mounsey, Father of Eagles Nest Wilderness, by his granddaughter - Senator Kerry Donovan
23. Ferbruary 2018: Wilderness/Recreation/Camp Hale Bill introduced in Congress - Susie Kincade
22. January 2018: Meet FENW President Tim Drescher - Tim Drescher
21. December 2017: The search for powder - Joel Gratz
20. November 2017: The Cabin on Bighorn Creek - Andy & Victor Walker
19. October 2017: Rename the Gore Range - Karn Stiegelmeier
18. September 2017: The Battle for Our National Monuments - Julie Mach
17. August 2017: Global Warming in the Gore Range - Dr. David Schimel
16. July 2017: Continental Divide Wilderness & Recreation Act - Josh Kuhn
15. June 2017: The American Beaver: An Icon of the West - Elissa Slezak
14. May 2017: Meet Mike Beach, Wilderness Manager - Mike Beach
13. April 2017: Future of Eagles Nest (April Fool issue) - April Phule
12. March 2017: Required Permits in Wilderness? - Kay Hopkins
11. February 2017: A Cry From the Wilderness - Bill Reed
10. January 2017: Public Lands at Risk - David Lien
9. December 2016: My Journey to Eagles Nest Wilderness Manager - Cindy Ebbert
8. November 2016: Saving native cutthroat trout in Eagles Nest Wilderness - Matt Grove
7. October 2016: Is Social Media Spoiling Colorado's Hanging Lake? - Jackie Fortier
6. September 2016: Toward a Natural Forest - Jim Furnish
5. August 2016: Save the Colorado River - John Fielder
4. July 2016: 150 Years on Ute Pass - Bayard Taylor
3. June 2016: Birds of Eagles Nest Wilderness - Dr. Susan Bonfield
2. May 2016: Bicycles in Wilderness? - Tim Drescher
1. April 2016: After Malheur - Currie Craven
EARLIER NEWSLETTERS HERE